Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Birthday Girl

Happy birthday to a dear childhood friend!!


Today is Barbie's birthday. It's hard to believe that she is 51 years old -- I think she actually looks younger today than she did when she first appeared on the market (see the photo below showing a Barbie from 1959 and a more recent version). LOL


It amazes me how Barbie has continued to remain popular despite how many years she has been on the market. My four year old is as addicted to Barbie as I was when I was younger. I can't wait to share with her all the cool Barbie accessories and things that I saved from my childhood. Although I don't know how impressed she will be with my remote control car -- it is one of those ancient ones with the long cord so she'll have to stay pretty close to it.


So happy birthday Barbie!!!!
May the years continue to be very kind to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment