Friday, March 5, 2010

Parachutes

Today is apparently the birthday of the invention of the parachute. Or maybe of when Leonardo DaVinci first drew one. Depending on where you look for the history of the parachute you can obtain different information. However, according to the special days in March list that is what today is so I'm going with it. LOL


Although I have thought it would be an exhilarating to experience sky diving, it is highly unlikely that I ever will. I have a very strong fear of heights -- particularly falling from them. Jumping out of a plane thousands of feet up in the air attached to some fabric by rope is just not my idea of fun.






Now if I was on a plane that was going to crash and parachuting out was the only way to survive it would be a different story. Circumstances make a big difference with something like this.


Needless to say I've never been skydiving. Have you?

No comments:

Post a Comment